Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Big Sky Documentary Film Festival

So,
The Big Sky Documentary Film Festival started yesterday, Friday, February 13th.  I really didn't know what to expect of the festival until I arrived a little before the first film screening.  I expected everything to be very hectic, very fast paced, and I thought that I as the intern would be running around all over the place.  This was true for the first hour or so, but it was a much more laid back event than I'd expected.  
For most of the first day I helped with small problems that arose here and there, including re-printing of all-access passes, picking up filmmakers who didn't have rides, and making signs for the box office.  Other than these random and small tasks, I got to do a lot of chatting with filmmakers and the staff of the festival.  What a fun group!  
I've really loved the experience of the film festival so far.  Things have been running smoothly, but just when I get relaxed, we encounter small bumps in the road.  These small technical problems have kept me on my toes for the past 36 hours, and have kept me busy at the festival.  

Big Sky Documentary Film Festival rocks, and I hope everyone in Missoula will have the opportunity to see at least one film.

No comments: